- This event has passed.
Ramadan 1442 (2021)
April 13 @ 10:00 am - May 12 @ 5:00 pm
As’salaam alaikum (peace be upon you):
Ramadan Kareem to you and your families! Fasting for the blessed month of Ramadan 2021 (1442 AH) at the Islamic Center of Federal Way (ICFW) will start on Tuesday, April 13. Taraweeh (Ramadan night prayers) will start on the night of Monday, April 12, insha’Allah (God-willing).
Taraweeh (Ramadan night prayers):
- We are planning on holding two Taraweeh congregations each night.
- If you come for the first congregation, please exit the prayer hall as soon as the prayer is finished so that the next congregation can enter. There will only be a 10–15-minute break between the end of the first congregation and the start of the next one.
- Please refer to the start times of each prayer in the attached prayer timetable.
- The capacity for each congregational session will not exceed 100 people, per public health guidelines, and safety protocols will be followed.
- Attendees must strictly comply with the COVID safety protocols described below, regardless of vaccination status.
Important COVID Safety Protocols Required to Attend Any Service at ICFW:
- Attendance for prayers is limited.
- Any person who has symptoms of COVID-19, including a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater, must not attend. We do temperature checks at the entrance.
- Any person with a household member who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or with symptoms of COVID-19 (including a temperature of 100.4 degrees or greater), must not attend.
- High-risk individuals (those with underlying health conditions or over age 65 who have not been vaccinated) should take extra precautions and consider praying at home, since data about COVID seems to show that it impacts persons over 65 years old more severely with a higher risk of serious complications or death if COVID is contracted.
- Face-coverings / masks are mandatory for everyone and must be worn at all times, including during the prayer service.
- Please always follow social distancing guidelines and occupy marked spaces only.
- Please do not shake hands, kiss, or otherwise physically touch those who are outside your immediate household.
- Please do not congregate in groups before or after the prayer.
- There are no wudu (ablution) facilities open at ICFW. Please be sure to make wudu at home.
- Please bring your own prayer mat/rug.
- You must continue to wear masks and follow social distancing even if you have been fully vaccinated.
- For those who have traveled, domestically or internationally and with or without vaccination, you must quarantine for at least 10 full days before attending prayers at ICFW. Please be sure to also comply with all CDC and Dept of Health
- While ICFW is taking appropriate safety measures to protect the health and well-being of all, anyone who chooses to attend any in-person services at ICFW does so at their own risk.
- All services at ICFW are subject to change upon guidelines update from CDC or the Department of Health.
- Children below 12 years of age will NOT be allowed in the mosque for Taraweeh services, as we are unable to arrange for youth programs or childcare this year due to COVID-19.
Please continue to refer to ICFW’ website and announcements for updates on other Ramadan programs including the Quran competition, Imam schedule, fundraising, etc. May we all have a safe, blessed, and beneficial month of Ramadan, insha’Allah!
JazakAllahu Khairan (may you be rewarded),